Leech removal?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tom89

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2013
England
How is the Safest way to remove leeches as I've heard your not suppose to just pull the off? I ask as I've noticed a few on me at work lately but have managed to spot them before they attach

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Just use your finger nail or a credit card , back of knife etc..... Slide between the skin and the leech , then push away .
don't burn or try meths , alcohol etc. Leeches are like ticks .....they will spew if upset , and that's when theres more chance of infection.

If Woden Wills It , then it will be so

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I was told if they're attached just leave them, they'll do less harm if they come off naturally and even a big one will only take about a teaspoon of blood. Ice, burning, salt etc. will only make them come off without sealing the wound.

Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
I was told if they're attached just leave them, they'll do less harm if they come off naturally and even a big one will only take about a teaspoon of blood. Ice, burning, salt etc. will only make them come off without sealing the wound.

Not only that, but if you set about them, the shock might make them vomit someone else's blood from their last meal, into your body. Not a nice thought. Just leave 'em.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE