Lavvu Mega thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
Hi

I was just wondering if it would be possible to create a Lavvu Mega thread,theres a ton of info spread about the site,it would be handy to have all these nuggets of gold in one place.
If its possible it may be easier to copy your old lavvu post onto this one? I know there was a recent thread just started
I'm thinking
Set up - poles,pegs,ridgeline,formations, grommets, pockets inside or out controversy
Care- waterproofing
Mods-zippers,dutch lacing,extensions
Facts-weight,pitch size,pole length
Would be the place to go for everything lavvu

Thoughts

Buster

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
I mean everything and everything to do with them in one place for easy reference,hope that helps.

Bilbo nice setup!

Buster

dabberty

Tenderfoot
Alright, here my mod:

This Polish lavvu is size L, but still with my 1.77 cm i barely fit in.
So I made some changes
Original:
lavvu-01.jpg

Each section of the tent pole is adding 23 cm in height. So i was able to order and additional set of 3 pieces, but it has not arrived yet.
Once it arrives, I will use one additional section, to lift the whole thing up with 23 cm.
Currently, I use a couple of cans to compensate the missing 23 cm, you will see this on the pictures.

I removed on both halves the shoulder layer, and rope strap channel.

Next, I added a side skirt of 23 cm's, so you get a sort of "bell tent" idea.
lavvu-02.jpg

This creates a lot of usable room inside at the foot and head end.
lavvu-03.jpg

lavvu-04.jpg

I sown in additional loops in each of the 8 corners. Reason for it is that the aluminium rings easily tear out.
With some paracord added, and firm tent stakes, this holds it all in place.
The original simple tent stakes are used to stake down the added side skirts.
lavvu-05.jpg

In the 2 front arm holes I added zippers, only to be used from the inside.
Also removed 1 of the 3 flaps that originally covered these holes.
lavvu-06.jpg

The front opening same thing, zipper from a old sleeping bag added, and here 2 of the 3 flaps removed, leaving just 1 flap covering the zipper. On this 1 flap I added velcro. This zipper can be used from the inside as well as the outside.
The backside also removed 2 of the 3 flaps covering the opening, and sown this completely shut.
lavvu-07.jpg

Then used 2 cans of silicone spray that is meant for making jackets waterproof. It works like charm.
The lavvu is in my garden for a week now, and last 2 nights constantly raining.
Inside everythign is perfectly dry.

Next thing on the list is to make a stove for inside, and then ready for some winter camping / fishing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE