Laptop ruck sack type thing.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Hi all,

I am after a Rucksack type afair, have various bits n bobs to swap or cash. I can usually do most of what i need from my phone but its hard work so i now need to carry my laptop. Its not for the woods or awt just for work use. I dont want anything too flash looking as some of my customers are in "questionable" areas :rolleyes: Needs to hold a laptop safely and a few small tools.
Thanks.

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
here ya go.

bag1.jpg

bag2.jpg

bag3.jpg

bag4.jpg

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I've got a Sony Vaio rucksack - can post pictures tomorrow if you're interested. It's like a normal backpack but with a padded compartment for a laptop - plenty of space for other stuff

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...I dont want anything too flash looking as some of my customers are in "questionable" areas :rolleyes: Needs to hold a laptop safely and a few small tools..."

A few centuries ago when I was a roadie/theatre technician anything that wasn't hanging off my belt would be carried in an old battered Berghaus Munro backpack. Along with spare clothes, tools and such I'd also cart my Apple Powerbook 150 around in there.

It was safe from knocks and bashes because I had fashioned a sleeve for it using corrugated cardboard, bubble wrap and lots and lots of gaffa tape.

The sleeve did its job, both it and the laptop still exist, they just don't get out as much these days. :)

Making that kind of sleeve is fairly straightforward and will alow you to use whichever backpack or shoulder bag you think will fit in with your surroundings.

Last edited:

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I've got a Sony Vaio rucksack - can post pictures tomorrow if you're interested. It's like a normal backpack but with a padded compartment for a laptop - plenty of space for other stuff

That would be a worth a look thanks. PM the pics over when you get 5 minutes.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
A few centuries ago when I was a roadie/theatre technician anything that wasn't hanging off my belt would be carried in an old battered Berghaus Munro backpack. Along with spare clothes, tools and such I'd also cart my Apple Powerbook 150 around in there.

It was safe from knocks and bashes because I had fashioned a sleeve for it using corrugated cardboard, bubble wrap and lots and lots of gaffa tape.

The sleeve did its job, both it and the laptop still exist, they just don't get out as much these days. :)

Making that kind of sleeve is fairly straightforward and will alow you to use whichever backpack or shoulder bag you think will fit in with your surroundings.

Yep- this is a very good solution- I use a normal rucksack that is far better featured than most dedicated laptop bags (and doesn't advertise that you have a £1000 bit of kit inside), and my laptop is just chucked inside within a purpose made laptop wallet. Loads availiable very cheaply on the net, including ebay- made out of things like neoprene etc, and will give a resonable level of protection to your computer (which actually tend to be pretty robust these days).

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
I've been using a Nike Epic II backpack for a few years now and it's a tremendous bit of kit.

b369.jpg

It has a secure laptop slot inside sited close to your back. A combination of the highly padded back and the hard plastic shell keeps you laptop nice and safe. I used to use it with a 15.1 inch laptop which fitted perfectly although now use a 10.1 netbook which it still hold perfectly securely.

It's comfy to wear, has a mesh air-flow type padded back. Two main pockets on the outside with an internal pocket and loads of slots for pens, keys, documents etc. There's another pocket on the base which is ideal for storing power leads for quick access without having to root about in the rucksack

It's pretty space age-ish and they even have a few camo versions if that appeals..

Rotationof147_4754.jpg

Theres a review of it HERE (although from reading it appears they've now stopped making them..oops). Might still be some looking about out there somewhere though I'm sure.

Last edited:

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I've been using a Nike Epic II backpack for a few years now and it's a tremendous bit of kit.

It has a secure laptop slot inside sited close to your back. A combination of the highly padded back and the hard plastic shell keeps you laptop nice and safe. I used to use it with a 15.1 inch laptop which fitted perfectly although now use a 10.1 netbook which it still hold perfectly securely.

It's comfy to wear, has a mesh air-flow type padded back. Two main pockets on the outside with an internal pocket and loads of slots for pens, keys, documents etc. There's another pocket on the base which is ideal for storing power leads for quick access without having to root about in the rucksack

It's pretty space age-ish and they even have a few camo versions if that appeals..

Theres a review of it HERE (although from reading it appears they've now stopped making them..oops). Might still be some looking about out there somewhere though I'm sure.

Looks great but you are unfortunately right on both accounts, discontinued.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
That would be a worth a look thanks. PM the pics over when you get 5 minutes.

Sorry for the delay in replying, been away.

Here are some pictures:

1cade0cc.jpg

ec09ce26.jpg

2add8db9.jpg

It's a good little pack and the Vaio badge could be unpicked very easily (you could sew on a BCUK patch instead!)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE