Laplander Saw

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
Bit of advise required please ?

Is this the genuine article :confused:

Search on Amazon - Bahco 396 Lap Laplander Folding Pruning Saw

(Sorry URL on original thread did not work :( :( :( )

If yes, does anybody know a better deal ?

underground

May 31, 2005
Sheffield
A question regarding this saw- I just took delivery of one, being a bit of a gear freak and wondering what it was like-

Should the blade lock open as well as closed? The one I got locks closed no probs, but I can close it with just a bit of resistance and don't press the button. And the first tooth was 'missing' - read so thin it was bent into the second. I certainly wouldn't use it for tree work.

As far as I can see, the only benefit of this saw is a: it's a bit smaller than some folding pruning saws. b: it's green and c: it cuts on both strokes (and I'm still to be convinced is a good thing on such a thin blade).

Otherwise I'd say I'll stick with my Silky or the ARS folder I got from the Arb. association show for 10 quid....

May 28, 2005
Hi, I get mine from 'light my fire' i haven't found any cheaper than that, and Casper is a really good bloke, he sends you the stuff straight away. hope this helps
:)

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
underground said:
Should the blade lock open as well as closed? The one I got locks closed no probs, but I can close it with just a bit of resistance and don't press the button

It should definitely lock when open. Send it back as faulty is my opinion.

Pappa

Need to contact Admin...
May 27, 2005
South Wales
www.plot55.com
I recently got one from Amazon too. I'm very impressed. It's so easy to use, even my 4 year old son was able to cut branch stumps off a pine trunk with it.

Pappa

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE