Landrover life expectancy ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Sodbury sortout - Darn - kinda busy getting married that day :cool: My Dad will be gutted, he usually goes too.
So TDi good, and hopefully another 100k miles left in it. But I better check the rest of it, bulkheads, chassis, clunks from the gearbox...that the huge winch on the front works :p
I'm not convinced on the rust front, back dors have had steel inserted intead of glass, and the box on the back is a bit rusty. It say ---- Scuba Club , which to me implies Salt air/water = Rust especially if its been used to puta boat in and out of the water.
I fancied a 130 to build a camper body onto. This one is a crew cab, not sure if that is good or bad, a single cab means i could put a much better camper body on the back.
Thanks for your advice
Rich

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Rich,

Good luck with the wedding mate!

I'd avoid any Landy that's likely to have been used for launching dive boats etc.
Salt water, steel and aluminium make for an effective crude battery and lots of bubly corrosion.
Ex MOD 130's can usually be had quite cheaply, but are often v8, so need an engine swap.

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE