Karrimor Panther 65 Vs Karrimor SF 60/75

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
Need some help making a purchase.

My local Millets has a Karrimor Panther 65 on sale for £60, which I think is great value!

Trouble is its balck and red, so not very discreet, but I what I really want to know is how this stacks up against the rather more expensive SF series.

The SF 65-100 has the same sort of layout (minus the side pockets of the panther), the 75 seems to be a good size in between.

What are the thoughts on this. Spend the cash get the SF or get a bargin, but not so adaptable?

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
yeah I like the idea of the 45, add the pouches, and its big enough, but its starts getting wide.

If im honest I want a 75, but at £130 plus pouches, its not cheap.

The question is, "is it £70 better than the Panther?"

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
I've just switched from a Crusader Cyclops (120l) to the Sabre 45 with one regular side pouch and a medic pouch (which was an amazing recommendation - gone are all the silly bags of bits, replaced with one that neatly organises everything).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Web-tex-PLCE-...trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1684|293:1|294:50

I know what you mean about it looking wide, but it doesn't feel it at all, no sense of my arms brushing against the pouches. It's worth trying one on to get a sense of just how comfortable and versatile it is.

Tobes

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
Tobes,

You have done me a service and found me a medi pack I have been looking for! (Cheers).

How does the 45 stack up against the 75, is it just shorter? I concerned about the circumference of the bag as I need to get my winter sleeping bag in it and it comes in a snugpak compression sack (Medium – 38 x 35cm).

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
The medipak's great, now contains my brew kit, FAK, washkit, batteries, KFS, snares, 50m of paracord, torch, cyalumes, tinder pouch, marching compass and a host of other goodies that were previously in a big confusing heap of bags and pouches.

I haven't had a look at the 75 , so can't compare. The 45 currently contains a thermarest, snugpak elite 3-season bag, snugpak stratosphere bivi, tarp, billy cans, spare clothes, swanndri and swazi anorak. Other side pouch has water, coffee filter, bowdrill kit and a few other bits, with room to spare for food.

I went out last week with the 120l Cyclops and discovered the hard way that I'm not 20 any more and can't run around with a mountain of kit, hence the desire to wean myself off some of the less necessary kit.

:)

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
The SF series are alot better quality than the civvie stuff. Also the quality control on the civvie gear has plummetted over the years.
I use a SF45 with side pouches on ex and it takes everything i need (well it does now i can use my own kit and issue gear!)
One minor beef with it, and i think i've seen it said before on here, is the top opening is slightly narrower than the base.
I've used a 60-100 and found it too bulky and heavy, but the 75 is, as has been said, a good compromise.
Well worth the money imo.

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
Looks like I'll have to bit the financial bullet and get the 75.

I have a Berghaus Freeflow 45 ramble sack and its amazingly comfy, but just not big enough for winter/3+ day adventures.

Cheers for the feed back, now I just need to find a local dealer in East Sussex

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE