Just returned from Croatia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I just got back from a week leading an Expedition for a group of 14 year olds and their teachers.
We kayaked around Novigrad, on the Sea, White water rafted for 2 days and walked in the Mountains behind Starigrad for 3 days, including the 1110m Black Peak!
It was excellent, despite variable weather and I love the area for its scenery and the people!
Everyone I met from Guides to shopkeepers - all were pleasant and helpful.
As to Bushcraft - we cooked a lot on open fires, I carved spatulas and butterknives for the team to use and we saw lots of wildlife - no bears but we did see lizards (Salamanders?) and a Horned Viper!
I fell in love with the food especially the sausages, Borak(sp?) - a pastry/cheese (or fruit) afair that comes in huge slices, the squid, the salamis and the local firewater Reikia(sp?) which is pronounced "Wreck ya" - quite rightly!
To our Croatian members I would like to say - you have a great country!
This is my second visit and I am sure I will return again......
Apr13870.jpg
the mountains from Novigrad
Apr13900.jpg
The gorge in the Paklenica Nat Park
Apr13891.jpg
Horned Viper

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
a friend of mine was over there last year. really loved it. sounds like you had a great time over there, and fair dues for doing it with a pack of screaming horrors (kids to most people) i wish i got to do such cool stuff when i was a screaming horror.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
It is a nice part of the world, I realised that when I went in 1995 despite the fact that a savage war and genocide was ongoing. I loved driving around Bosnia and Croatia, some of the landscape is breathtaking. I have pictures somewhere, I'll find them one day and digitise them!

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Yep I hve been to Crotiia Its a great place forest ,mountains rivers ,and coastline& nice people I met
fairly unspoilt as well in places
"bit like Scotland only warmer" was my comment to the wife and in that I jokingly include the neighbours-lol
Must go back asap

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
ID on the snake was by locals and from the info board nearby....I was totd it was a baby - but still VERY venomous....
Some locals were picking it up a la Steve Austin and looked pretty scared!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE