Is someone taking the ...?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
OK, I've put one of my wooden spoons up on ebay for a laugh. I've scheduled the sale to start on Sunday at 00.15hrs (quarter past midnight).

Do a search for 'Ray Mears style hand carved wooden eating spoon' and you'll find it. Let's see who'll pay good money for a bit of old kindling :D

Click the link any time after 12.15 am on Sunday morning.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7334237274

Eric

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Nice one Eric. You should have added:
'Multi-purpose wooden survival spoon. Can also be used as emergency kindling.'

flibb

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2005
Kent
You should have included the word "Rare" as well.

Reminds of a visit to a gunshop many years ago, we were there to pick up some 10 bore cartridges. Anyway we were discussing with the shop owner whether they were black powder or nitro when in walks a bloke, he proceeds to look around the shop and then walks over and asks if they sell sticks. Shop owner scratches his head and enquires what kind of stick, bloke then elaborates and its a thumb stick hes after, the reply to which is no they don't sell sticks, but theres a nice big hedge down the road go and have a look in there.

By the way the answer to the black powder or nitro was most definitely black, this was ascertained by emptying the cartridge in to a ash tray and chucking a zippo lighter at it, when the sticking black smoke finally cleared from the shop we walked out with 50 cartridges for a rather nice old hammer 10 bore.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Eric_Methven said:
OK, I've put one of my wooden spoons up on ebay for a laugh. I've scheduled the sale to start on Sunday at 00.15hrs (quarter past midnight).

Do a search for 'Ray Mears style hand carved wooden eating spoon' and you'll find it. Let's see who'll pay good money for a bit of old kindling :D

Eric

Magic :D You deserve to sell it just for the bloody cheek :p Good luck.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Eric,

“Hand carved in woodland that Ray Mears may, or may not have wandered through.”

Just sprayed cheese sandwich across my desk!

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Eric_Methven said:

Eric
It sold, thought it would have done better than it did though. But you did put it in antiques section, is there a Ray Mears category on there yet?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE