In'n'around Cambridge?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 20, 2008
Hey folks,

Just moved to Cambridge, and wondering if there's any fellow folk down this end o' the world? Having moved from Scotland, I'm feeling somewhat in need of a decent outdoor experience, but don't yet know the area. Anyone willing to invite in a newcomer to the flatlands?

Al B

T1tch

Forager
Dec 24, 2007
Cambridgeshire
Welcome to the area - I'm still working on getting permission for a site myself, but there are a good number of woodlands around: Brampton Wood and Monks Wood springing to mind immediately, but these are pretty well used - good sources of materials though, Brampton appears to be getting a bit of a face lift at the moment, so theres logs a plenty, and the copised Hazel is verry plentiful. Just can't get permission to overnight... can't get then to say no though either...:naughty:

- How about popping over to the 'Introductions and Welcomes' forum and saying hello?

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Welcome also.

I'm on the west side of Cambridgeshire. The woods I visit most are Haley Wood and Waresley Wood. I do not overnight in either and would not suggest it, but they are handy for a bimble round, a bit of discrete tinder collecting, dog walking and wildlife observing.
If you are so inclined it may be worth contacting the local shoot and offering your services as a beater, that will get you days out in the country, possibly access to places you wouldn't otherwise get at and all manner of opportunites.

Cheers,

Dave

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
welcome to Cambridge

A few nice woods around some already mentioned, dont now what side of cambridge you are but there is monks wood or if you fancy a bit of a walk there is the old roman road that goes from fulbourn/cherry hinton out into suffolk.

good luck, welcome and possibly i might have some time to have a meet up in the future and go for a wander.

weekender

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE