if at first you don't succeed...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
well, my knife making project has been put on the back burner due to my lack of heat treating facilities. so a quick trip was made to the brisa website.
soon a pre-heat treated blade will be winging its way to me along with some bits and pieces to make a handle (curly birch and reindeer antler with brass bolsters)
i'm really looking forward to it turning up so i can start work on it.

and the best bit is it's only cost about £20 for the bits :lmao: :lmao:

here's the blade (picture from the brisa website)

love that temper line :cool:

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
:Wow:

That temper line is fantastic.

In Japanese sworsdsmithying that temper line (hamon) would be called "notare" meaning "wave" or "swell"...erm as far as I can remember.

(it is similar to the flying plover hamon tho???)

I'm so gonna buy one......right now!!! :theyareon

leon-1

scruff said:
:Wow:

That temper line is fantastic.

In Japanese sworsdsmithying that temper line (hamon) would be called "notare" meaning "wave" or "swell"...erm as far as I can remember.

(it is similar to the flying plover hamon tho???)

I'm so gonna buy one......right now!!! :theyareon

I have one of these sat in my garage at the moment, that picture isn't just a good example of it, the ones that I have seen in the flesh actually look like this as well.

Also you you can get this effect with the normal PT blades just by using some fine grade wet 'n' dry to sharpen with (it brings out the temper line very well).

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
OMFG, my package from brisa arrived today, the blade is amazing i'm working on the handle now the slot is cut in the bolster and the first antler disc. i hope to have it to the shaping stage by the weekend.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
nearly at the shaping stage :D
just need to rivet the tang now. i'll do that at work tomorrow where i have a decent bench vise.
once i trim the handle down this is going to make a great neck knife :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE