I heard bridgend was flooded?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I hope its ok for the Moot, I heard it had floods today. Whats it like at the moment?

(the source of the report is my mother, which may or may not be reliable!)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yeah, it probably is, last year we had really bad rain the day before the Moot and it cut off the main road in, it cleared in 2 hours though and the site doesn't get flooded, it can pour down and it has little effect. The top road in won't flood so there's no problem with getting on site. :D

Wolfie

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 19, 2004
S.Wales
We had about 2 inches of rain during the day. Some shop basements in Bridgend flooded but nothing too major. At Merthyr Mawr itself the river did burst its banks but that is nothing new. The road through the village was flooded at several points due to the river and blocked drains. The water soon subsided and I was able to drive through the village the following day.The campsite itself looked OK. I didn't actually go into it but from the road there didn't seem to be any standing water. The ground is mostly sand so it drains pretty quickly.

welshnik

Jul 11, 2008
South Wales
Haha - we live in Bridgend and it was a bit damp, yes, but we have an inflatable open boat so we'll all come and rescue the lot of you....!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE