I couldnt resist !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
I was looking through a camping shop in weymouth when something caught my eye in the knife cabinet . It is a Knife with a Bushcraft shaped blade and a full tang . I am not sure what the wood is on the handle but it looks nice . It came with a half decent leather sheath . It is made of 440c stainless and is hand crafted in spain by a company called Nieto , never heard of them before so not sure what to expect from it . It was only £25 . Anyone heard of this make or how they hold up ? I tried to take some pictures but my hands must be shaking as they came out blured .
Cheers
Pumbaa

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Ha ha ha! Thats a funny site all the knives have in the description "Ideal for whittling your own walking stick out of the hedgerows" even the machete :lmao:

Pumba - Knife seems like a good find though.

Polestar

Tenderfoot
Oct 7, 2005
Lewes
My son has a Nieto which we bought in Spain - looks good, and the sheath is very well made for the (amazingly cheap) price. Fantastic until we came to sharpen it ... even a buddy who is a wizard with a stone has struggled to get a good edge ... guess you get what you pay for (says he, waiting for delivery of a Gene Ingram!). :(

leon-1

pumbaa, don't forget to bring it to Dartmoor.

Polestar, 440C seems to be a bit of a strange one, it is a good steel, but people seem to get mixed results with it. It may be to do with the way that they are heat treated when they are mass produced.

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
pumbaa said:
I was looking through a camping shop in weymouth when something caught my eye in the knife cabinet . It is a Knife with a Bushcraft shaped blade and a full tang . I am not sure what the wood is on the handle but it looks nice . It came with a half decent leather sheath . It is made of 440c stainless and is hand crafted in spain by a company called Nieto , never heard of them before so not sure what to expect from it . It was only £25 . Anyone heard of this make or how they hold up ? I tried to take some pictures but my hands must be shaking as they came out blured .
Cheers
Pumbaa

well come on then a short review please, have you used it yet??? whats it like??
the blade good qual???

Polestar

Tenderfoot
Oct 7, 2005
Lewes
leon-1 said:
pumbaa, don't forget to bring it to Dartmoor.

Polestar, 440C seems to be a bit of a strange one, it is a good steel, but people seem to get mixed results with it. It may be to do with the way that they are heat treated when they are mass produced.

You could be right there. I've got an old blade (made by a friend way-back) in 440C and it stays razor sharp - with the occasional hone. I'm looking to get my lad a small bushcraft knife in the near future, possibly an Allan Blade when he's back in circulation.

Fallowstalker

Oct 1, 2005
Towy valley
scruff said:
Ha ha ha! Thats a funny site all the knives have in the description "Ideal for whittling your own walking stick out of the hedgerows" even the machete :lmao:

Pumba - Knife seems like a good find though.

Yeah quite weird. Under hunting accessories it lists handcuffs...hmmmmm. :D

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
I have managed to get my Nieto shaving sharp , so will try a few things with it and post a review . Any ideas what tasks i should perform ?
Mr Yarrow , been wondering why rehandle it , it has a nice grain and is comfortable to hold , what more would you require from a knife ?
Cheers
Pumbaa

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE