How to fix holes in a boat?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Well, I thought I'd dig up this old post. I didn't really get round to fixing the boat properly, and made some half baked repairs, mainly as an experiement then earlier this year someone borrowed the boat without asking and in doing so ripped all the work I had done off.

So today I ordered more kit from EastCoast, only for them to call me up and ask for a further 12quid(in addition to what was already being charged) for delivery due to my postcode. 20 quid for delivery for items that cost around 20 quid is a bit of a sodding rip off. Oh well time to look more locally, may have to pay more but at least I'll get it there and then.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
You should post us a picture of how it turns out, my friend did allot of fibreglass work on a boat, it was single skinned so he worked on the inside of it, it was actually really good work, allthough he spent the best part of 4 weeks either covered in resin or dust from sanding.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
lol, this is certainly taking longer thank I had hoped / planned... Finally got round to splitting the hulls, but I can't separate them yet, as there seems to be something either sticking or holding the hulls together in some way on the bottom of the hull. I can't pry them open enough to get a look at it, without fear of something going 'crack'. I've tried google, but the most likely link to appear is ironically, this one.

There seems that there 'may' be a small plastic screw, but to all appearances it looks ornamental. If anyone has thoughts on this.. I'd be most grateful.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE