How do you find Woodlore?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
The best thing is to contact Woodlore, they should be able to give you all the info need to reach the course location.
I could only give you the directions to the Woodlore offices of even Uncle Rays home address but, it is very unlikly that the course would be at either of these addresses.:)

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Plenty of people on here have done courses with woodlore so they will be able to help you out. I would have thought Rachel would have sent you decent joining instructions. Woodlores communication is usually first rate.

Nov 16, 2005
East Sussex
I live just down the road in Hastings, and know that some Woodlore courses are held near Etchingham.
There are stations at Etchingham and Stonegate, on the line from Charring Cross.
Then again dont take my word for it, as Wayne said, I would think it best if you got some decent joining instructions.
Have fun !!!

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
Woodlore normally send more detailed instructions for how to get to the course closer to the actual date - I forget why, but something to do with security, I think?

Anyway - which course are you going on? I'm doing the Birch Bark course in May...I'll probably travel by train, seeing as I don't own a car. Although, I might borrow a car just for ease - I've been on a few of the courses, and it is generally more convenient to take a motor.

Laurence Dell

Forager
Aug 24, 2004
Sevenoaks, Kent
They probably won't send you the directions and details until a few weeks before the start of the course. And it will depend on what site the course is at.

What course are you doing ? (I have done the Fundamental Buscraft, Woodsense and Camp Craft courses and they were all excellent)

The East Sussex courses are as far as I know usually at one of three sites.
There is the Etchingham site near the Woodlore offices, Broadstone Warren Scout Camp Site near Forest Row and the Eridge Estate just south of Tunbridge Wells.

The details usually include good directions and a contact mobile number for one of the instructors on the course. And if you call the office in advance they can often arrange for the Landy to do a pick up from the local train station.

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Certainy, when I did it, we were all asked to meet in a train station car park. I think it was Etchinham. That meant those who came by train could just jump in another punter's car. It also meant a chance to talk to the other punters and get to know them. Lawrence then came over in one of the Landies to lead the convoy to the site. BTW, it was a pretty ugly track to get to the site so don't expect to get there in a Lotus Elise or anything daft like that. The Justy made it just fine though :cool:

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
It's not that hard to find ;) I made it too :p
I had my Fundamental course at the Eridge estate in Tunbridge Wells. Had to take the international train from Rotterdam to Bruxelles, Eurostar to Ashford, and a train to TW.

At TW station I saw another guy who was wondering where he had to go, so I asked him if he was on the course aswell - he was. The group had to meet up at a small café / restaurant / pub like thingie - which had a car park - so we shared a taxi from TW station to the meet up point.

At the meet up point Lawrence, Alex & Dave showed up in with 2 Landy 's to transport us and our kit over some bumpy roads to the campsite.

On the way back I travelled with some people who had a transfer in London, and if IIRC that very train went to London ... Don't know what station though ...

I used this site to plan my journey, hope it is of some help for you aswell:
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

Have a great time at the course!! You'll love it to bits!!!
Don't forget to make some piccies to show us :D

EDIT:
I reckon you already read the articles by Chris in the article / review section?
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/content/articles.php?action=show&showarticle=53
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/content/articles.php?action=show&showarticle=23

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
I did the Fundamental course last year - it's great fun, and hard work too! Well worth taking a notebook and pencil, as you learn far too much to remember (unless your memory is much better than mine!!)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE