hike in scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

troy

Forager
Aug 9, 2004
moray, scotland
www.mtn-m.co.uk
Starting this thread as their is a discussion going on in the scot meet about a hike.

Ideas at the moment are a two dayer around the cairngorms or from glen nevis to kinlochleven - with maybe abit of indoor ice climbing at the end - and just for the books, I think october/nov is the time we are looking at and I am free any weekend.

Also a more mountaineering style venture may happen around jan/feb (most snow normally in feb).

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I'm about 2 and a half hours drive from Fort William and 90 minutes from Aviemore. So for me the Cairngorms is logistically a bit easier, especially when the days are short.

I can do Nov 26/27, or possibly Nov 12/13 if I do a rota swap. Are these dates any good for anyone else?

stevo

Tenderfoot
Jun 5, 2005
Scotland
I would like in on the action too.......I live in Edinburgh.....But Aviemore is much easier to get to for me, So I fancy the Cairngorm one. Both of those dates are good for me!!

Stevo

jason01

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 24, 2003
troy said:
Starting this thread as their is a discussion going on in the scot meet about a hike.

Ideas at the moment are a two dayer around the cairngorms or from glen nevis to kinlochleven - with maybe abit of indoor ice climbing at the end - and just for the books, I think october/nov is the time we are looking at and I am free any weekend.

Also a more mountaineering style venture may happen around jan/feb (most snow normally in feb).

I might be up for a Jan/Feb meet in the snow depending on the route, Im not into technical ice climbing, I think I would have to give the earlier meet a miss as I'm trying to sort out a trip in December with my old mountaineering buddy while he is back over from Canada and I cant afford to drive up to Scotland every month! Then again if anybody fancies an autumn or winter hike 3 or 4 days probably fairly low level but somewhere remote and further North I could be tempted ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE