Hi Folks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Steve R

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
Lincolnshire UK
Just joined, been looking around, great site, lots of info and lots more to read/learn it seems :)

I live near Boston in Lincolnshire, I have some bushcraft skills, a bit rusty on those though (Army in the 70's, and some camp skills from Western re-enactments)..............actually, at 53 I am a bit rusty all round, not rusty enough to strike sparks from though :D

Looking forward to meetups and events as and when.

Steve R

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
Lincolnshire UK
Hi Guys, thanks for the welcome's.

Red. sure is, I love being awake at night, nothing but a field at the bottom of the garden so it's pretty cool.(I live on the edge of a small village).

Steve R

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
Lincolnshire UK
Hi beowolf,

Good to be here, I firmly believe that bushcraft is the way to go, wish I was young and fit enough to live like that permanently, although I guess there really is nowhere that it could be done permanently.

Great shame really, I think mankind lost its way when they moved from the hunter gathering lifestyle.

beowolf762

Settler
Sep 4, 2005
U.P. Michigan
Hi Steve,
Do not worry about being to old or unfit to get out. Do the best you can. Listen to your body,and obey what it tells you, when you had enough go home and relax. Go to the Moots and meet some people (alot of young people could benifit from your wisdom and experiences).

last year I was diagnosed a type 2 diabetic and I have problems with neuropathy and ulcers on my feet, I go hunting and camping but I take it easy and do the best I can. I even managed to get a nice 9 point buck this year.
Enjoy your life and live it to the fullest. :You_Rock_

B

bushyboo

Hi and welcome Steve
I hope im still able to get out when im 53

Steve R

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
Lincolnshire UK
beowolf,

I fully intend to get out, bought me a 4 season sleeping bag, basha, and some other bits and pieces this last weekend, and have a hammock on the way :D

(Still gotta get a knife but the old Victorianox will do until money allows.)

I guess people like you and me have just had to learn another 'survivalist skill' move a little slower, stop a little sooner :)

Intend to rack up some (more/different) good times for the old memory bank in case the time ever comes when I cant do such things, its all good.

Bushcraft4life, leon-b, ady05, bushyboo, thomasturnbull,

Hi pleased to 'meet' you.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Welcome to BCUK Steve, just joined myself yesterday!!
I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do.
Oh and welcome to a fellow ex squaddie!!

Steve R

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
Lincolnshire UK
Hi Greg,

I sure do enjoy the site, I would call it an 'Essential Bushcraft Resource'.

Oh and welcome to a fellow ex squaddie!!

Tx, I was 4 years with IWFR in the early 70's, you?

Hi firebreather,

Thanks for the welcome.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE