Hello from North Manchester

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Hi everybody. I am completly new to all this bushcraft stuff, so if I make any mistakes at all please cut me some slack lol. I am hoping to get more involved and learn learn learn. I have started carving some wood I found in my local wood (dead fallen stuff) but im not any good and dont really know what im doing. lol nevermind I enjoy making lots of little bits of wood from big ones.
Hope fully I will be able to meet up with some people near me who can direct me along the path. I am a student mental health nurse and budgets are tight so no loads of money kit for me. If anybody lives near and wants to meet up for a natter get in touch.
Cheers
Greg.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
Morning Greg, and welcome to the forum.

There are a few of us around Manchester. Myself and Singleblister (John) meet up, now and again, for a night out or a natter. I'll give you a heads up next time we go out, although we both have young families so it's not that often. :rolleyes:

I'm not really a carver, but John can do a bit. He's also a great knifesmith. :morpheus:

Get stuck in on the forums - it's a great source of knowledge.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
hi mate welcome to bcuk
a little tip - you can carve with dead wood but live green wood is far easier to carve
leon

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
laugh out loud.........sorry i have spent too long in chat room and forums where abreviations are needed just to keep up.
Well thank you for the huge welcome i have just finished my first chopstick ........it started out as a spoon :lmao: My hands are killing and i have a huge pile of shavings .........i have got such a long way to go. Please get in touch when you guys are meeting up and i will do my best to get out for pint. shift pattern and family commitments allowing

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Hi everybody. I am completly new to all this bushcraft stuff, so if I make any mistakes at all please cut me some slack lol
No worries we all have to start somewhere :) Any questions you have just ask away..... I'm sure someone will have an answer or point you in the right direction.

:D
Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE