Happiness is spoon shaped!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Rather an unusual thread this one in that I can claim no "bragging rights" for talent. Well, I can - the talent of knowing really nice people:D

A nice man from Fed Ex fropped me a parcel today - in it was "probably the finest spoon in the world"

BRspoonburn.jpg

The uber talented Weaver made it for me and I have to say I'm like a dog with two tails. I have carved a few spoons - but nothing approaching this. I think Weaver was a little in front of me in the queue when woodworking talent was handed out (I think I had probably sloped off for a smoke in fact whereas Weaver was at the front when they handed out the good talent :lmao: )

As beautiful as the spoon is - its going to be a user - its already got to know my kuksa and hawthorn bowl and will be seen shortly on a downland hill

988780011_9afefb4323_o.jpg

Weaver - you are far too kind - and very, very talented!

Red

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yep its burned in - and using the same font and letter style as the laser engraving on my knife - he even managed the interleaved BR logo :D

As you say Jon - a generous man indeed. I do realise how lucky I am too! :eek:

Aren't some people nice?

Red

jon r

Native
Apr 7, 2006
England, midlands
www.jonsbushcraft.com
I dont know any other online community that is as friendly as this one. I think Outdoor type people are nice though, the fresh air is good for us.

I used to be part of another forum to do with computers. I was part of that for quite a while but people were never as nice and they used to just take the mik all the time.

Everyone on bcuk is willing to share their knowledge and this makes it a great place to be! I dont think i'll ever stop comming to BCUK!:D

Jon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE