Glen Etive Munro

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Went up today, blizzard and whiteout above 1500ft meant a lot of careful navigation even pacing, which I rarely use. Too much powder loading the exit to the next munro meall na Eun, so just returned via the 'Robbers Waterfall' path.

Nick

Glen Eitve Panorama

100_0963-1.jpg

Looking across to he Ben Starav Massif

100_0960.jpg

Remnants of ancient pines,chopped down.

100_0978.jpg

Trusty 1989 Karrimor

100_0969.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Beautiful up there :D
It was perishing cold down here, not surprised you took the route down.

Thanks for the photos :)

atb,
Toddy

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Eh, stinkin' hot reflection from the snow until the blizzard came in, @2500ft, then it was blowing powder snow, blizzard, approx 100m visibilty:rolleyes: , until I had returned from the summit. Forgot my goggles:eek: so a painful way to navigate. Had my thin thermal gloves and fibre pile mitts on, and the bottom of my polycotton trs had frozen.:rolleyes:

Even the deer were well down:cool: . A lot of ice and frozen waterfalls.

Always satisfying when all the bearings work out accurately. Last wekend, up Ben Lawers, was totally benign compared to today. Although a kelly kettle cuppa at the waterfall was sweet. Just used dry grass, there was hillsides full of it.:)

Nick

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nick is it Fraoch? If it is will you do me a favour? Can you read the ingredients? Is there any grain in it? Oats, wheat, barley or rye ?

cheers (literally :D )
M

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Nick is it Fraoch? If it is will you do me a favour? Can you read the ingredients? Is there any grain in it? Oats, wheat, barley or rye ?

cheers (literally :D )
M

:beerchug:

More info here http://www.fraoch.com/historicales.htm

Got the gift pack, for myself, from Blackford - Maxwell shop - had four bottles of all the Ancient ales, the Alba Scot Pine beer was amazing, almost better than Fraoch.

Still got another one left, must drive the A9 soon....

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
I lost a pair of good bolle glases there last summer, the plunge pools were fantastic and i couldnt resist cold but crystal clear.
Its a real gem of a place.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE