Fully invested

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Last night i was invested
i gave the promise accepted the responsibility of keeping the troop under control (quite a challenge) and at that i was the leader of my old troop where i first got the taste for the outdoors
thought i would just share with other leaders now the real fun begins

jakeweektwo068.jpg

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Good stuff mate!
I held a warrant for 15 years and saw that I made a real impact on some lives (hopefully for the good...)
Keep the Scouting Spirit going!

Great stuff, My GSL has booked me on a 'nights away' course in a couple of weeks. Apparently I have to be shown how to do the stuff I've been doing since I was a teen. lol. I Think it is for modules 16&38, I must admit to being rather slow at getting my boxes ticked.

Thanks all
bodge i have to do that nights away green sleeves thing and like you I've been doing it since i was a scout myself, i think its because some folk have never done any scouty stuff and been collared to help out and unfortunately its a case of one needs it all needs it.
G4GHb yeah it was a darn sight easier than i feared
worse part of the investiture was that i was shattered after an early shift followed by 7k hike with scouts who were asking to get a taxi after ten mins walking.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Well done Sam :You_Rock_

Great stuff, My GSL has booked me on a 'nights away' course in a couple of weeks. Apparently I have to be shown how to do the stuff I've been doing since I was a teen. lol. I Think it is for modules 16&38, I must admit to being rather slow at getting my boxes ticked.

You will need to learn the rules get a NA permit which is partof 16 you may well know most of mod 38 and be able to teach theinstructor who knows. Trainong courses are a great social event if they are residential and if not a great way meet other leaders and make new contacts.

Well done Sam :You_Rock_

You will need to learn the rules get a NA permit which is partof 16 you may well know most of mod 38 and be able to teach theinstructor who knows. Trainong courses are a great social event if they are residential and if not a great way meet other leaders and make new contacts.

Quite looking forward to it now actually. Going Saturday morning until Sunday afternoon. Just packing a few things into my pack.

Recently back from the training event. Had a great time with my fellow leaders and met some other leaders from different districts. The classroom stuff was a bit boring tbh but neccessary for the qualification. Practical skills were much more up my street and we covered everything from knife, saw and axe to lashings and Knots.
A bit of fire lighting and outdoor cooking went great. The outdoor instructors were from, what was, the fellowship and were a nice bunch of guys. I had to intervene politely when one of them told us that rabbit meat was poisionous. He went on to tell the story of the men who were trapped on an island with only rabbits to eat and they were poisioned by the meat. I don't know the exact details but knew that it was due to a lack of a B vitamin which causes the body to stop processing food.
He then asked me for more information about outdoor cooking and stuff. Now I didn't want to upset the apple cart and although I am experienced with all the outdoor stuff I was shown, and indeed was doing in my teens, I stood and listened as there is always something to learn. I helped out where I could with other topics and passed on what I knew without overpowering the instructors information.
The head outdoor instructor has asked if I would like to help out on future training events with certain subjects like outdoor cooking and fire lighting etc.
I just need some spare time now.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Recently back from the training event. Had a great time with my fellow leaders and met some other leaders from different districts. The classroom stuff was a bit boring tbh but neccessary for the qualification. Practical skills were much more up my street and we covered everything from knife, saw and axe to lashings and Knots.
A bit of fire lighting and outdoor cooking went great. The outdoor instructors were from, what was, the fellowship and were a nice bunch of guys. I had to intervene politely when one of them told us that rabbit meat was poisionous. He went on to tell the story of the men who were trapped on an island with only rabbits to eat and they were poisioned by the meat. I don't know the exact details but knew that it was due to a lack of a B vitamin which causes the body to stop processing food.
He then asked me for more information about outdoor cooking and stuff. Now I didn't want to upset the apple cart and although I am experienced with all the outdoor stuff I was shown, and indeed was doing in my teens, I stood and listened as there is always something to learn. I helped out where I could with other topics and passed on what I knew without overpowering the instructors information.
The head outdoor instructor has asked if I would like to help out on future training events with certain subjects like outdoor cooking and fire lighting etc.
I just need some spare time now.
Now I know why I was so ill when I ate rabbit stew washed down with 47 pints and a bottle of Whisky!
B$%%^&$%^! rabbits!
My thanks to your instructor - I will ask him to let the paramedics know it was not my fault at all!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE