Frontline Medicine

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Looking good

"Frontline Medicine

Sunday 20 November
9:00pm - 10:00pm
BBC2 Wales
Survival

1/2, series 1

Michael Mosley is one of those presenters who never makes a bad or boring programme. That's partly because he's no hollow vessel: he used to be a TV executive, before that a banker, and before that a doctor. It's his medical background he calls on in this programme, as he travels out to Afghanistan to report on the advances that military medics are making. There have been good documentaries before about British doctors in Camp Bastion, but none has quite probed the technicalities of what they do in such fascinating but easy-to-grasp detail. But most of all, what you may remember from the programme, as we watch casualties treated in real time, is the pace and intensity of the treatment. This is medical drama at its most shockingly real."

Repeats in the week

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Very very good, really enjoyed it. Good to see the humble tourniquet in use too. The blood giving techniques in shoulder and sternum were new to me in all honesty................no you can't have a battery powered set and solar charger for your wilderness kit, forget it. Its the first time in a long time I wish I was twenty five years younger, I would love to be part of that team :(

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Wednesday 30 November 11:20pm BBC2 Wales not sure about England though. This second part shows advances in care after getting back from the fighting, its amazing stuff.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE