Frontier Stove issues???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Stingray; love the mod!
I have a frontier stove used out and about and in disaster areas. The last one with the owner of Anevay and who developed the stove. As others have said, you need to keep the door open for a good solid draw. They do need a bit more flue cleaning down to its small diameter, but I'm pretty sure it's because of the door mate

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

Stingray

Feb 25, 2009
Kent
Ahh.Interesting about the positioning of the air inlet.I was unaware of that.I just came up with a solution that met my needs.Mine seems to work fine though.I just rotate the conduit lid cover,opening and closing the holes to suit my burning requirements.I clean the flue when it needs doing.I made a wire brush extension and it takes about 5 minutes.I use the stove in my shed in the winter.Bottle of red,radio 4 and my pipe.Bliss.

Sep 3, 2014
Maldon
Thanks for all the thoughts guys. I have been thinking about the vent mod for a bit. That's a nice simple way of doing it... I never close the door fully and always use the latches...

Anyway I have had a couple of goes over the weekend in the garden. Much nicer as I can let it smoke and start again or try different things. The problem with trying in the tent is as soon as I get a billow of smoke I panic as opening it up again will just ruin the tent and bedding and all my clobber etc...

So I have found that basically I need to slow down on the build up of the fire, and also cut down the size of my final log sizes. I found getting started is easy enough with very thin pine kindling (I have access to a carpenters offcuts so plenty of pine in all sizes). Then when I ramp up to the next level I need to stick to that for a lot longer to make sure stove is really up to temp. I have previously waited until I see a good fire going then start chucking the bigger stuff on which kind of kills it.

Will be under canvas in 2 weekends time so will see how my theory pans out anyway!

Cheers all!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE