Fox Walk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
I don't have a problem with doing the Time, I mean Fox Walk although not at any speed, but thats only in the daylight. When I try it at night everything goes totally wrong, mainly down to balance, its like trying to walk a beam with your eyes closed, keep end up falling over and making more noise than if I'd been walking normally.

Anyone else have this problem?

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Dont do it on the way home from the pub and youll be fine!

Either that or you'll get arrested! :wink:

boaty

Nomad
Sep 29, 2003
Bradford, W. Yorks
www.comp.brad.ac.uk
Lithril said:
I don't have a problem with doing the Time, I mean Fox Walk although not at any speed, but thats only in the daylight. When I try it at night everything goes totally wrong, mainly down to balance, its like trying to walk a beam with your eyes closed, keep end up falling over and making more noise than if I'd been walking normally.

Anyone else have this problem?
Yeah, it's because you don't have a visual "horizon" to orient yourself, so your body doesn't know which way is up and you wobble all over the place

If it's anything like rowing, the only cure is to practice listening to your body - the visual sense is so dominant that we tend not to develop the kinaesthetic sense of just knowing where all our bits are, but it's not impossible, just takes determination and hard work cos it's frustrating. I get the rowers I teach to spend some time rowing with their eyes closed each time they're out in a boat - they hate it to start with, "how can all 8 of us stay in time when we can't see what we're doing?", but they get used to it. Some people take to it really well!

Oh and you can practice every mealtime - try eating with your eyes closed; you lose a point every time you stab yourself in the lip with your fork :eek:):

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I have a simple solution, dont fox walk

of the native peoples around the world that i have watch stalking i have never every seen any of them stalking in the manner that i have seen described as the fox walk here.

simply move very slowly and stay low.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE