forget your SFA...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Thats bloody expensive for a slide hammer , even if they dont come with a splitting spike , you could knock one up easy enough .
Sorry rather carry a SFA or machete anyday , much more usefull tools .
Pumbaa

Joules

May 24, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
I love the accompanying cartoons. Assuming you have a Bozo that can hit him self with flying wood. What makes you think he won't kill, injure, cause public damage with said sliding hammer, lets see traps hand, uses hammer over a gas main and punctures that. Carries said, device unsecured on roof rack and brakes hard.... :lmao:

Great

Joules

monkey_pork

Forager
May 19, 2005
Devonshire
Joules said:
I love the accompanying cartoons. Assuming you have a Bozo that can hit him self with flying wood. What makes you think he won't kill, injure, cause public damage with said sliding hammer, lets see traps hand, uses hammer over a gas main and punctures that. Carries said, device unsecured on roof rack and brakes hard.... :lmao:

I laughed out loud at these cartoons. There were funny and kinda scary at the same time.

JoshG

Nomad
Sep 23, 2005
Stockton-on-tees, England.
monkey_pork said:
I laughed out loud at these cartoons. There were funny and kinda scary at the same time.
Hahah yeah I completely agree. Great little cartoons they were, how he managed to get a chunk of split wood in his face when the pressure from the axe is being directed perpendicular to the axehead is pretty skillful.

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
Ax every time they are multi use, this tool is a slide hammer with a wedge. Wouldn't want to use it to build a shelter, skin a deer, make a feather stick etc.... CG :yo:

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Artic Hobo, I dunno its £20 for 180 pieces - think that is a bit cheaper that the Maya sticks you can buy.

But i do agree with what your saying....their prices are ridiculous!

Joules

May 24, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Arrrr, but they don't tell you every piece has been hand whittled and rolled on the thigh of some fair maiden.... :Wow:

Joules

oetzi

Settler
Apr 25, 2005
below Frankenstein castle
Overpriced posh stuff for some nincompoop who thinks he needs a new gadget to make firewood :D
Like with many other things its symptomatic for todays trends: why bother to invest time and energy into acquiring a skill to do something properly if you can buy something and avoid the learning-curve :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE