For those going to the BushMoot, where do you keep all your sharps at Night?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

the interceptor boy

Life Member
Mar 12, 2008
Angleterre.
Hello Everyone.
As this is going to be my very first BushMoot, i was wandering where do one keep all his expensive sharps at NIGHT/ AND SLEEPING TIME?

EG: on the Body/ person, in the Ruckcsack, in the Bottom of the Bivi Bag. Has Anyone experienced any Negative issue! such as Stolen KIt/ Gear?

I just want to know are all members Truly HONEST !

i HOPE that i am not offending anyone bt asking a very Direct Question !.
.Regards
the interceptor boy.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
At home in the kitchen drawer you naughty boy, you arent allowed out with sharp things now! tut!

Ok, at the last meet I kept mine in my rucksack, or lying about on the tent floor inviting me to injure myself on it. I shouldnt imagine anybody would steel at the moot, but you don't know who you don't know I suppose.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
I just lob mine under my hammock in my rucksack and they were always there in the morning .... as far as i remember we've never had theft issues (or any reported theft issues) at the moot ....

All the ones I've met are

Not at all mate.... if you are asking the question you can bet someone else wants to know but is too afraid to ask :p

Ed

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Last year at the Moot I thought it would be OK if my Cegga axe was propped 'tween the hammock webbing as I slept....

I woke in the morning, got up and saw one side of the webbing had been 3/4 worn through due to the axe natural moving about. I reckon another hours lie in would have spelt disaster in so many ways.

Tuck sharps away - not because of theft but because they should be :D

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
My axe is usually on a tripod with my rucksack, my folder is in my satchel hung on the tripod, and my belt knife is clipped to my hammock ridge line.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Hello Everyone.
As this is going to be my very first BushMoot, i was wandering where do one keep all his expensive sharps at NIGHT/ AND SLEEPING TIME?

EG: on the Body/ person, in the Ruckcsack, in the Bottom of the Bivi Bag. Has Anyone experienced any Negative issue! such as Stolen KIt/ Gear?

.Regards
the interceptor boy.

Put them where you like, they won't get stolen. One thing though, using capital letters on forums is considered to be 'shouting', and we are not deaf ;)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
most don't take a lot of sharps with them, just what they use, so, firstly people should think before they bring loads of sharps. It's right that we've never had a case of theft, other than some of leons beer that he left out by the main shoot all night :D The site is secure and people have proven themselves to be honest enough not to steal anything, common sense prevails though, if you want some more security lock them up in your car, or ask someone if you can lock things up in theirs.

be sensible, keep things out of site, don't tempt people by leaving things lying about.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
My gear's all stored under the tarp with me.

Anyone who's prepared to steal from a grumpy sleeping Viking is a far braver man than I.

It's not been done in a while but I do know how to cut the blood-eagle..................
witchhunt.gif

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE