Fk-f1gm

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
Ok what you lot think of these???

FK-F1GM.jpg

leon-1

Alan, you already know what I'll say:).

Not sure that I would spend £160 for one though.

The green micarta is a nice touch and it is a well presented and turned out knife. Most people that have an F1 of any sort will tell you that they are bombproof:)

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
you can get a blade and handle it yourself self, personally i would love to own one of Gerd Jørgensen costomised F1's (Tvividr)

569GJF1customized.jpg

though there are cheaper production handle options.. try EOG(ODS) for good prices!

cgait

Jan 23, 2005
Cwmaman, South Wales
You could also go the whole nine yards and make a knife of your own thats one of the cheapest options. And you can say "I made that". But thats another story altogether ;) .

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
You could read my review of the F1 in the articles section!
The basic F1 is superb and will easily out-perform most of the custom jobbies, I have used and abused one for many years nad if I'm doing something serious it's my first choice (see my gallery).
Neil

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I have used a lot of different cutting tools over the years and this one has earned its place by pure merit, its a tool you can totally depend on.
Neil

cgait

Jan 23, 2005
Cwmaman, South Wales
Alot of which is to do with knives is all personal preference. It looks like it could be quite a functional knife but as I've only actually used a frost mora I wouldn't be able to comment on it. I basically take lots of different opinions compile them and that usually gives quite a good idea of what the product, in this case a knife, is like.

That brings me onto my next question. How many other people have or have used one of these knives?? More opinions would be great. :)

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
I call it a "big beast" of a knife even though the blade length is less than 4 inches. The blade width is a touch over 4 mm and fairly deep and it's very strong in all respects. Also if you buy a blank and shape your own handle you can adapt the shape and weight to create a balance that suits you as an individual. It gives you a confidence that you can bash around without being anxious about dinting the edge although there's no problem getting acceptable sharpness. Extremely versatile and only set aside when you're fine carving but even then it does a job. Glad I've got it.

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
thanks for the replies chaps, some very good input, i can add that outdoorcode sells these at competetive prices, if anyone should be interested, as well as the standard F1 (shameless plug but true)

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Falkniven blade blanks for sale HERE and the one you are looking for is the BF1.

I bought one from one of the other members for 38 quid including postage and it's a nice looking laminated blade.

Still not done much with it yet but when I get the time...

I seem to remember reading some stuff by Rapidboy over on British Blades about making grips and sheaths but can't seem to find them today :confused:
Interesting threads though if you can find them as they contain a good source of information.

Edited cos I found one of the links HERE

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE