First Laplander

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Thought I would have a go and making a knife handle, so bought myself a Laplander knife kit. And here is the result!!

Any comments/criticisms would be much appreciated (Hope you can see the picture)

knife.jpg

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
It is a kit from Brisa,

However I have used a mahogany (sp) insert which was not included and did not use the bras spacer provided

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
A little bit late now but I have used linseed oil on the handle. Is there anything better for future projects

leon-1

Linseed oil is good, I prefer Tung oil though.

There is a place on the net Dick tools in Germany that give a good pdf file on waxes and things that you may want to have a look at :)

If you can't find it PM me and I will do my best to dig it out as I have a copy somewhere :)

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Cant seem to find anything on the net,

If you could find it, it would be good (pm sent)

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
If you want to change the finish.......what I've done in the past is lightly sand the existing finish with steel wool, then apply what you prefer. I've done this with a handle to which I'd applied too much linseed oil. I replaced it with Birchwood casey Gunstock oil for a big improvement. Also applied the same after I'd used varnish. If you're careful it shouldn't be a problem.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE