First attempt at leather work.(pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Ok be nice now folks, This is my first ever leather work project, as I got hold of an offcut of leather and some linen thread I thought that I would have a go at replacing a sheath for my Helle futura, this was my first ever knife and I have never been too happy with the sheath that was supplied, so I set about making a wet formed sheath, I had no pattern in mind when I started and I am quite pleased with the result. The stitching isn't too crash hot, but I liked making the holes in the leather by eye with an awl. I finnished it this morning with two coats of dark brown dye and all that is left to do is wax it.

This is the sheath that came with the knife.

100_4741.jpg

Here is the one that I have made.

100_4735.jpg

100_4738.jpg

100_4737.jpg

100_4736.jpg

100_4740.jpg

Hope you like the pics folks.

Simon.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Excellent work there mate...

The stitching isn't too crash hot, but I liked making the holes in the leather by eye with an awl.
Quick Tip!!
If you want to get your stiching even you can use a fork to make impressions of where you want to stick your awl through so the stiches will be evenly spaced ;)

:D
Ed

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Nice work ;)

Nice knife also, the futura was also my first knife and what a belter it was. Lent it to a friend ....permanently now i think lol

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Thanks for the comments People. What to make next? Hmmmmmmm!

Simon.

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
I might try a pouch for my Fennix tourch, something simple to attach to my belt.

Simon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE