Feedback

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woodcutter

Feb 6, 2006
Kent
Lots of ways to leave people thumbs up and positive feedback. How do we flag the less desirable people we get on here, those that waste time, chose to ignore messages after instigating conversations, offer to buy stuff then don’t etc?

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
You can hit the Report button (which you'll find to the bottom left of any offending post).
If it's more of a general 'acting like a drain on the forum' problem then you can always contact one of the admins.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
In conversation there will always be rude people. Some rude people even have a contribution to make to the site. They are a fact of virtual life.

I do think that trading is entirely different. A bad seller or buyer needs to be known to the community.
I’m not sure a BcUK pillory is a good idea. I think it’s a Mod issue. Do traders register as such?

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Woodcutter has reported the person, but ignoring private messages and failing to follow through after stating interest in purchase is not really actionable unless it is part of a pattern of such behaviour that impacts multiple members. In the great scheme of things, it sounds irritating but not that serious while it is still too early for any goods or monies to have changed hands.

ATB

Chris

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Being slightly miffed isn’t a good look either. Nothing personal meant, I’ve had the same thing happen many times and felt miffed myself. There are too many people who leave bad feedback due to being miffed and you don’t always know the whole story. I tend to treat people as if they all have their own battles to fight and be thankful I haven’t been ripped off.

Tyre kickers are a fact of life if selling.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Being slightly miffed isn’t a good look either. Nothing personal meant, I’ve had the same thing happen many times and felt miffed myself. There are too many people who leave bad feedback due to being miffed and you don’t always know the whole story. I tend to treat people as if they all have their own battles to fight and be thankful I haven’t been ripped off.

Tyre kickers are a fact of life if selling.

Indeed!

I haven't sold much over the years, but I did sell a few knives on British Blades and two examples stick in my mind. One was something that happened quite often, with folk low-balling offers within a day of an item going up for sale. The other followed going away for a weekend without internet access while an item was posted for sale. Came back to find about ten messages to wade through, several chaps low-balling. By the time I got to the fourth chap, just a day later, he had already lost patience and was posting on the open forum that I was clearly not to be trusted, a dodgy seller and some other stuff, because I hadn't replied to him quickly enough. :rolleyes:

Getting miffed is all but inevitable. Posting when miffed is optional, and generally not a good idea (I can't count how often I have proved this myself :oops::banghead:)

Reactions: Nice65 and Pattree

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Well, and if I don't like what a member is usually interested in or writing I simply don't read it.

I don't care for insects for example. They may crouch where they want and if you like talking about it, just do it if you like.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE