Fed up sewing druid's robes and cowls.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Scunnered of the mess of the fine wool oose on every surface in the room :sigh:
Ian (Monarch) said he needed four sets of robes for the Pitlochry enchanted forest event, and since Scotland's Festival of History was on at Chatelherault (near Hamilton, just up the valley from us) last weekend, and Bernie the Bolt was going to be there, would I mind going and spending some money on wool and linen to make them.....well that was no hardship :D :D but over £200 worth later I realised I now had to draft, cut out and sew the blasted things.
Guess what I've spent this week doing ?

So, nearly finished and a major clear up in sight, but the sketches and patterns are kind of to hand. If anyone wants a copy, I'll suss it out.

cheers,
M

P.S.
Scunnered = thoroughly fed up and grumpy, vexed and irked in a kind of bored out of my tree way.
Oose/oos = http://caledonianmercury.com/2010/02/11/useful-scots-word-oose/0029323

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
George came by yesterday, full of the chat of the Chatelherault weekend. Enthusing about black powder and Viking helmets and Roman armour :rolleyes: so I got him into a set of this kit, belted him into it and he kind of strutted down the hallway :D

It's 'earth' colours according to the brief, which translated into Autumn rusts and golds and browns by the time I saw what wools were available. Very comfortable in wear, and surprisingly practical for what is to all intents and purpose a long goonie with a seperate shouldered hood.

The fellows who are to wear this lot all top the six feet mark, but I'll see about putting someone into some and getting some photos up.

It occurs to me that this basic pattern would do very well for those who are going to have a go at Medieval for the Naughty Corner at the Moot next Summer.

cheers,
M

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
a long goonie
cheers,
M

Ermmm

One of these?

goonies_sloth.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:eek: well, I'm sat on by backside right now enjoying a coffee and a caramel wafer :D
Very bad for me, but it was somehow a coffee and caramel wafer moment, iimmc :D

M

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Tell them that the fashon concious modern druid wears black running trainers, snappy black trousers, and a black outdoor coat in goretex, complete with hood. A beard is optional.

Heathens !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE