experience Finland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Naruska

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 15, 2006
Finland
Just a thought...

A mere 30-45 minutes train ride from Helsinki (and approx. 5 euros ow) there`s a truly excellent Bushcraft wonderland...the Meiko Wilderness area in Kirkkonummi. Several lakes, more or less pristine forest, fishing, wildlife...and of course...making your own tent-sauna!

If you`re interested, put together a group on this site (in the near future) and I´ll be glad to take you guys there... :)

P.S. I don`t do this stuff for money anymore... :)

Marko

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Now there is an offer! Naruska dont be supprised if more than a few take you up on it!

Naruska

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 15, 2006
Finland
Now there is an offer! Naruska dont be supprised if more than a few take you up on it!

Now you`ve got me sweating... :eek: I just realized there must be over 50 million of you guys living in "old blighty" alone.... :)

Joeri

Tenderfoot
Apr 11, 2006
Netherlands
www.niceisotherwise.nl
sounds promising...

do you have some more details. For instance, are you thinking of certain dates or periodes and how long would you want to make the trip?

I am still not sure where to go this summer and I haven't been to finland yet... are there good trails to walk?

Naruska

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 15, 2006
Finland
Right...here goes :)

do you have some more details. For instance, are you thinking of certain dates or periodes and how long would you want to make the trip?

My original thought was to toss up an idea for a long weekend (for example), and just get together a small group of like-minded individuals keen on the outdoors...and visit a new site easily accessible in this modern day era of cheap flights...kind of like a bushcraft version of the Adventure Travel magazine Spam Challenge...

Sometime this summer would be fine...what I don`t want, is to have to start "organising" too much... :)

I am still not sure where to go this summer and I haven't been to finland yet... are there good trails to walk?

General info on hiking in Finland
www.outdoors.fi

Maps, brochures etc.
www.metsa.fi

Hope this was of help...
Marko

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE