Eklund Blade

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
My new Eklund blade arrived from Brisa this morning and I'm very impressed.
It is listed as a Skandi 95 on the Brisa site, but as a B2 Hunt on the makers site.

The first photo shows the blade next to the block of wood I'm using for the handle. The wood is a piece that I collected myself from the Amazon, I'm not sure what type it is but it was a chunk that loggers had cut but was too small for them to bother taking away. If anyone has an idea what it is I'd like to hear more :D

bladeandblocklowres7ax.jpg

This next picture is the outline sketch of how the final knife should look.

outlinesketchlowres7xh.jpg

Comments welcome.

leon-1

Pappa, don't get too fixed on what you want the handle shape to look like. chop it out roughly how you want it, but then work by feel, every now and then take it out of the vice and change your grip on it. By doing this you can take off little bits so that it is comfortable in all the different grips that you will be using with it.

It is only a suggestion:)

I've finally got round to making the sheath for my knife.
sheathmaking005small5gz.jpg

I'm quite pleased with the result even though the dye come out a bit streaky, especially near the tip. In some ways it makes it look more rustic. :eek:
sheath0017sv.jpg

sheath005small4sm.jpg

Now all I need is to decide what to make with the rest of the hide :D
Any ideas?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE