Double sleeping bag...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Ok, I'm going to be taking Eloise out a little this year and we're going to be sleeping in a tent.

Now, for true energy efficiency we want to share body heat. That requires a double sleeping bag.

I know i'm not going to get a top notch arctic bag that's good for absolute zero and will never die and will wake me up with a cuppa but the Argos £20 bags are not quite enough.

Any idea where I might get a half decent double bag anyone?

Cheers

Joe

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
NANOK!!! ok ok so I'm repeating what I've already said a thpousand times and you are all sick of it but the Nanok sleeping system zips together, and works very well as I have used it several times (although as it was me and a bloke we went no further than that in terms of methods of keeping warm :naughty: )
Strongly advise you to check it out :biggthump

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Get two standard bags that join together ... Vango are a good place to start. You might need to order one side or the other as most places only seem to stock one but most of their range is handed left or right and you can join them together. A Nitestar 400 (very good bag, I have one) will set you back about £45 each.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
most decent sleeping bags come in left and right zip and connect. nanok like hobo says or ajungilak get my vote.

If you are really only going together in summer we used an old duvet cover as a double sheet sleeping bag and then had blankets or opened out sleeping bags to use like a quilt, it worked pretty well.

Bill

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Cheers for the advice guys :You_Rock_

Although I don't want to join two bags together as that would be a little tight for space and if we get too hot it's going to be a pain to get some space between us.

However, searching for Vango yealded a reasonable double bag and I found a cotton liner also from http://www.venturesport.co.uk.

Thanks for the advice guys... and the Vango hint :biggthump

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Just so you know - two mummy bags together is a lot more space than you might think because you are gaining all the space where they close on one side.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
I must also point out that you will loose heat rather then gain heat due to all this extra space

I find my nitestar 350 too warm a lot of the time but I often get a bit hot

you could use four argos sleeping bags togeather to get something nice and warm but it might not save much and will be a lot more bulky

All my family have ended up with left hand zip vango sleeping bags. Most were bought at £20 each (nitestar 350)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE