Does your child know how to make fire - Telegraph article

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Interesting, and largely positive, although I note the author describes skills with an axe and a saw as 'learning proficiency with weapons', which is a bit sad.

Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
I have recently taught my daughters (8) how to make fire using a traditional flint and steel set bought from a good person here, using char cloth, which I have shown them how to make. And they know what tinder hoof fungus is and where to find it locally. I am trying to teach them as much as possible before they hit the terrible teens and refuse to leave home/playstation/internet and commune the with outdoors. :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Interesting, and largely positive, although I note the author describes skills with an axe and a saw as 'learning proficiency with weapons', which is a bit sad.

Even sadder, she wasn't corrected; that correction would make the important distinction very apparrent, eh?

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Good article that.
Not quite sure I would describe Lisa as being "Gimlet" eyed but I suppose in that context it just meant sharp eyed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE