DIY Frontier Stove project

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
i guess i always been a bit of a DIY'er i tend to avoid spending munny if i can (that is why most of my bushy kit is homebrewed....

so my latest project....is to build a frontier stove for less than 50 quid....
i started by scavenging an old spent fire extinguisher figured cut the ends-off and then reshape cylinder.... good idea so far.... except the cylinder turned out to be die-cast aluminium... and therefore useless... fortunately ive managed to find some 180mm diameter mild steel tube.. cost me 30 smackers.... which im picking up next wik the cooking area again some scavenged 2.5mm steel plate and the flue fortunately we tend to hoard "usefull stuff" so i have a few lengths of stainless steel vacuum pipe to hand

now all i have to do is mark it up.... triple check the measurements... cut away the junk... and get it welded together......

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
alot of people use old surplus ammo cans but I'm interested in your take on the stove

please post up some pics when you can

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
sometimes it helps to be a cheapskate before i confirmed the order to the steel tube firm... i had the brains to check out a scrapyard and found an old compressor.... its knackered obviously but the tank is perfect... oversize by about 4 inches but figure its going to be reshaped anyway
im actually considering building two the use the compressor tank stove in the shed

and the second im using 1.2 mm galvanised steel as a more lightweight version

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE