DIY billie and stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My latest bit of fun - a charity shop S/S canister with hazel knob and a knitting needle bail for the billie, a Woolies cutlery drainer with steel bolt legs and extra-large holes made with a grinder.
For this shot I am using "Fire-Spout" metal bars to support the billie as I forgot to pack the trimmed off tent-pegs that I normally use....coffee, spoon and folding cup fit in the billie, tinder flint and steel in the stove.
Hint - do not over-fill the folding cup with very hot coffee as it softens the plastic enough to spill it all over your fingers!
The photo was taken at our (extended) lunch stop on a (lazy)canoe trip on the lower Tivy in West Wales.
The lighter belongs to my mate who was struggling with his stove.
Note the reuse of an old fire scar....
John
Sep02922.jpg

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The system boiled up a great cup of coffee and my favourite noodles (NOT pot noodle!) using just a few off-cuts of woodwork projects and a tiny amount of standing dead wood from trees in the river.
The system is cheap and works well...a bit like me realy......
John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE