DD Tarp and Paracord

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Bought a DD tarp today along with a Frontline hammock and could barely wait to get it up in the garden.

I used the supplied lines for the tarp, but found I needed more, so I used some bungee straps and some rope I already had.

When I go out and about, I'll be taking paracord and my question is, how much should I be taking to ensure wherever I setup its a nice taut tarp?

Can I just say though, thank you to everyone who has posted up about their hammock and recommended it throughout numerous threads. Made the decision to buy one and particularly which one to buy very easy.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
For my DD 3x3 I take a 10m line for my ridge line and have 2m permanently attached to each corner and i always carry extra for when it gets real windy and i want to tie down at the middle on each side, i'm sure someone else can advise on the hammock as i use a DD Travel hammock and only use it on the floor as a ground bivvi/midgie proof sleeping cavern and only use the two rubberised lines that came with it to suspend the midge netting

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Thank you :) That is more than helpful... I don't want to carry more than I'm going to need, but at the same time not knowing how much is needed... best to ask the experienced.

Could I ask, do you feed your ridge line through the hoops at the top, or drape your tarp over the top of the ridge line?

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
No probs glad to help when i can, I always use the hoops for the ridge line it makes for a much better supported ridge, i find it handy to have the extra paracord in my pack even if i don't use it for the tarp it is great for things like getting standing deadwood branches out of trees

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE