Day trips from the Moot?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
We will be there for the full duration this year. Looking forward.

Reading recent posts about the wooden mill (john Fenna's post) has got me thinking about other day trips? Family can go a little stir-crazy, so what other trips have people done from the moot?

I'll do research of course, but interested to hear recommendations.

Cheers.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I go to Porthcawl several times to enjoy the delightfully tawdry seaside atmosphere and faggots, chips and peas!

Forgeways

Jun 25, 2010
Machynlleth, powys
Well i had teenagers last year so the cinema 10 minutes away in Bridgend went down well. Home here in Machynlleth the cinema is 40 minutes drive away and has only one screen, so a multiplex is a treat to the teenagers. Its very sureal to come out of a film back to the Moot though.

I will be taking my fishing kit and sit on kayak to take a few seaside jaunts whilst down.

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Hi Steve
Not very exciting I know, but the girls took a retail break up the road by Tesco, where there's a Next & stuff.
Also, it's worth seeing if anyone is running an excursion. Last year for example I took my two and two other youngsters off on Wayland's photography day out. I'm not into photography myself, but we all had nice day out somewhere different.
Like others we also took a trip to Porthcawl.
See you at the Moot!
Dave

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Sgwd-Isaf-Clun-Gwyn.jpg

The waterfall walk near Ystradfellte is not too far away.

Sgwd-Yr-Elra.jpg

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
Thanks for these. Some great suggestions. I remember the photography show from last year as being particularly good.
Looking forward.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Caerphilly Castle just North of Cardiff is only 40 minutes away or Afan Forest Park the other way

Not only that but on the Moot weekend it is the annual Big Cheese at Caerphilly Castle. Neil and Clare will be involved with the Medieval reenactment battles, archery etc. and the bar tent! It is one of the biggest events in Wales.

I will be going during the day Sunday and there is already no room in the car! :p

http://your.caerphilly.gov.uk/bigcheese/home-page

[video=youtube;hQ9hcDOZQTA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ9hcDOZQTA[/video]

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE