Czech lightning

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
HI
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wflyorroyhnfw3/DSC_0380.JPG?dl=0

My czech bed roll complete with merino wool blanket weighs a ton and has to be relegated to car camping.

So I need some sort of sleeping system to fit my 45l pack,mostly spring/summer use,i have the bed roll so I was planning on using the bivvy bag with a civvy/military bag inside coupled with a decent roll mat I can strap to the other side of my pack.

Any recommendations of a decent bag to go inside the bivvy?

Still not sure if I'm taking the lavvu or the tent,not sure if that makes a difference?

Cheers

Buster

Last edited:

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
I'd take a look at the Snugpak range, elite or softie series. I use an elite 2 in spring-autumn and a softie 6 in winter.
Be aware though the bivvy outer from the Czech bed roll isn't very waterproof.

rg598

Native
For three season use it doesn't really matter that much. Most commercial bags will do fine. I like the Mountain Hardwear UltraLamina bags.

Just as an example, I use a 40L pack year round, and in it I can fit a Thermarest NeoAir XTherm pad (inflatable and rated for 4 season use), a Mountain Hardwear Direkt II tent (again, 4 season tent). Depending on the season, I use either a US Army surplus patrol bag from the MSS, or a Western Mountaineering Antelope MF sleeping bag (in winter).

Oh, and the sleeping pad does make a big difference, so spend some time getting one that works well for you.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE