Cut-Resistant Gloves

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 14, 2006
Jurassic Coast
It just occured to me that one glove would be sufficient for whittling/carving because the hand holding the piece of wood is the vunerable one. Any southpaws out there who want to go halves on a pair ? ;)

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Those look Ok. For anyone not wanting to send away for them though, most fishing tackle shops now sell cut/puncture proof gloves (Sold in ones, NOT as pairs) made of super-fine chain-mail stuff for unhooking pike and suchlike toothy fish ;) Normark make them IIRC amongst others.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I went to an exhibition of safety items a number of years ago through work and inwardly grinned when a rep said about cut resistant gloves. I whipped out my trusty leatherman and tried to hack through the one on the display. I had to swallow my pride when it only cut through a few fibres and didn't make it through even one side of the knitted material :(
They were available then for only a few quid per pair so wouldn't break the bank for anyone wanting to save a few fingers - believe me they really work! but I haven't tried the ones in the link.

ATB

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE