Crusader cup lid with a difference

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
I was playing with one of the lids i made. I thought about storing the lid, so cut the lid in half and riveted a small brass hinge on. A piano hinge might be good .
I have not put a handle ring on because i am still toying with it. Some one with tinsmithing skills might do better.
The press i made is from plywood,the two nails guides the top down.
cheers .
img0227xf1.jpg

img0228op7.jpg

img0229ke1.jpg

Gailainne

Life Member
I believe the newer pouches are bigger, so the cooker, metal cup, bottle and plastic cup can fit. I would imagine a bit of gentle persuasion would allow the cap to fit in the hollow created by the cup/bottle.

:nana:

As my old mentor used to say "dont come to me with problems ! come to me with solutions".

Stephen

Geuf

Nomad
May 29, 2006
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
nice one!

not to hassle or anything. but why would you need a lid?
is it waterproof so you can store liquids for a short period of time, or is it just to contain the heat of your just brewn brew? I always use a mestin or a pan or billycan or something like that.

I don't want to nag, because its a nice, well made lid for your mug. :You_Rock_ just wondering.

Geuf

Nomad
May 29, 2006
Spikey DaPikey said:
The water boils faster with a lid, so you use less fuel :)

yeah, but you could use something else for that like a mestin or a cookingpan, wich reduces volume and weight your packing. If that isn't an issue I'd go for the lid though :rolleyes:

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
Geuf said:
nice one! not to hassle or anything. but why would you need a lid?
Its a shiney thing, you don't need a reason, it exists, therefore you must have one or your life is not complete! :lmao:

Mine is a bit of old bent coffee tin, very crude by comparison and no where near as nice, but VERY shiney :p

I use my cup on the side of a fire and the lid keeps bits of crud falling in my food or brew.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Geuf said:
yeah, but you could use something else for that like a mestin or a cookingpan, wich reduces volume and weight your packing. If that isn't an issue I'd go for the lid though :rolleyes:

Or you ditch the mess tins and pans and just use your crusader, with lid. Even lighter! ;)

Geuf

Nomad
May 29, 2006
Zodiak said:
Its a shiney thing, you don't need a reason, it exists, therefore you must have one or your life is not complete! :lmao:

Mine is a bit of old bent coffee tin, very crude by comparison and no where near as nice, but VERY shiney :p

I use my cup on the side of a fire and the lid keeps bits of crud falling in my food or brew.

gregorach said:
Or you ditch the mess tins and pans and just use your crusader, with lid. Even lighter! ;)

:lmao: :You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE