Crazy blighter.......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
After owning 5 Defenders over the years, two civilian factory made, onr ex British Army, one ex RAF and one custom made, i felt that this crazy soul needed somthing a bit more civilized to work on, and enjoy. Wife loves a primitive ride too.
Having read that the German Army are now releasing their old (1990/92) MB/Steyr G Wagens, I managed to find a source in UK.
After buying and importing one for the wife, to check in what shape they are, I bought a second one.
I am not taking it apart, so I can do it up.
So far everything removable is iff, except the rear view mirrors.
Once I take those off, i need to sort out some surface rust, a few bumps, then start sleaning/sandblasting everything, painting those parts.

It will be interesting to drive it to a friendly mechanics workshop ( MB independent garage) as it is, bare body, no lights, glass and without any seats...
I guess I will a car behind me to protect me!

I will paint it in NATO green, matt, but will put a clear top coat on, matt, for easier washing.

I really wanted it tan, same shade as the Germans used in North Africa, but the new soft tops come only in camo or NATO green, so green it will be.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
So years ago when i had the cash to run 4x4s I had a big love fest for factory fitted diff locks ....
First one was from Trondhiem ...Norwegian spec locks front and rear fully winterised

Next one was from Norway again

There was also a third ...lol..

From Sweden came a Volvo C306 ,,,6X6 full lockers and portal axle ....fun but to big really

This is me changing the engine on a Brixmis G belonging to the IWM as far as i know its at the Int Corp museum

Do miss the G though ...

Twodogs

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE