CPM 3V Bushcrafter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I have almost cleared the decks, I feel less swamped so I thought I'd have a go.

I have a Shing CPM 3V Bushcrafter blade and an array of handle materials (micarta, wood and stabilised wood).

I'm going to make and try to sell a knife like Gorillas but with my stock of wood.

I then thought - before I embark on this I'll offer this:

You get to decide on everything - the handle, the colour of the bolts, the sheath style and colour.

If nobody takes it I'll make it to my taste and put that up for sale.

It would be around £160, depending upon choices.

Any interest?

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
i'd just like to say that if you don't yet own a proper bushy knife, then take it from me - this is sale of the century stuff! i can unreservedly recommend this to anyone - i have the exact same knife, and you will not be sorry
pay the bills next month and jump on this! i would be happy to take photos from any angle and answer any questions that i can if it will help the buyer decide

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
i'd just like to say that if you don't yet own a proper bushy knife, then take it from me - this is sale of the century stuff! i can unreservedly recommend this to anyone - you will not be sorry
pay the bills next month and jump on this! i would be happy to take photos from any angle and answer any questions that i can if it will help the buyer decide

Couldn`t agree more Gorilla.

When I decided to spend some cash and treat myself to a good quality knife that will last me for a long time, I was glad Dougster took up the challenge and produced a little beauty for me.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27046

If anyone wants to see more photos/angles I`ll also oblige.

Rich

wolf man

Forager
Sep 12, 2005
Oxford
Hi Dougster

i'm seriously interested, but what are the dimensions of the blade?
Any pics or is it exactly like the blade you did for Gorilla?

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
Well no point putting in preamble about no link to Dougster - especially after the knife raffle!

Seriously, I am one very happy owner of a Shing CPM3/ Dougster knife. The steel takes a little patience to sharpen - but strikes me as something that will very much wear in rather than out. The result is an edge that will catch the worls of your thumb-print if you try to test the edge that way. Dougster sheath is in the same league - very well craft and useful.

Build is first rate and the resultant tool leaves you eagerly searching for a downed aircraft or overturned truck so you can slice your way through the side.

Arguably over gunned for my main use - stalking. But does an admirable job and so tough/ resiliant that never have to coddle/ worry about it.

On flip side, handles like an extension of my hand. Very easy to do fine carving - pot hangers etc ( not into fresco reliefs ) and cutting out the googly bits from deer.

If you are in the market for such a piece, you will not be disappointed.

Not on any cut, commission, hugs etc. Just hugely impressed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE