'Country Living' Article

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
OK, before I start, I don't have a Barbour jacket, Land Rover, Labrador and 400 acres in the Sussex countryside; BUT, whilst I was in 'Borders' the other day, I just happened to see - on the cover of the latest 'Country Living' magazine - something on woodcraft. There are 3 short articles on: wood-turning, charcoal making and 'cleaving'. All were interesting, especially the last two, and were about sustainable woodland practices based on rare/forgotten/historical skills. I reckon that, if you're stood around in a magazine shop waiting for whatever, thumb through a copy of 'Country Living' as it was well worth a read.

Cheers,

Mike

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
yep, we `re not in the green wellie brigade but get it evrytime its out, well worth it, i want to be a charcoal maker now, he looks at peace doesnt he

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
ok then, i want to be a charcoal maker man then :-D , but i guess i`ll have to stick to cloth for the time being :-D

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Woodland Organics also do a course on charcoal making, and some of us lucky folk were cleaving with Jack last weekend.(Just don't mention Billhooks)
:-D
Rich

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
Did someone mention Billhooks?

Sorry but the Country Living has been banned from our house for about 15 years now.............don't like being patronised much.

My wife can tell you a great story about when the MD Terry Mansfield who is now the Director of the Hearst Coporation, came to stay on the farm for a weeks lambing, never been on a farm and never done anything like that. He was amazed at what he was taught and he had done, he had never seen anything give birth before let alone, get in involed with it! After spending a week on the farm he wrote a wonderful article called, Turn Left for Paradise. I think that title says it all.

My wife than had to spend the week in London at Country Living HQ and lived like a Queen but she was freak out by it all, such an extreme, I don't think she ever got over the tube train.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE