Cordage twisting practice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 22, 2006
North Wales
Found i short batterd piece of old blue nylon rope(looked like the remains of a rope swing) in some woods the other week so being a good conservationist popped it in my bag, got home n decided to recycle, so untangled it all and split it into strands and then went about twisting it together, actually made for really good practice as it was an easy material to work withm sorry about the pics they were taken on my phone!!
Image093.jpg
[/IMG]

Image094.jpg
[/IMG]

Butchd

Forager
Feb 20, 2007
Surrey
Interesting, I'm going to have to give that a go. So far I've been using the plastic wrappings that come around magazines cut up into strips. It makes an interesting string though each strip of plastic has to be hand twisted as it doesn't roll, and thus is very time consuming. I've also just ordered some hemp yarn - already twisted into a four ply, but apparently suitable for hand knitting so I reckon about right for converting into rope - but we'll see!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE