Cadet Smock ( AD ) , A True classic

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
I have been after one of these for ages but they go for mad money on ebay after a long wait i managed to get one ,:)

Cadet Smock ( AD ) ,,,Army department to stop Air Cadets and Sea Cadet nicking them in CCF :D

Tidy hood with a zip and no face cord

Front pocket for your map ,lightweight compass and compo spangles :)

Two lower pockets for your green wool gloves

Storm cuffs ,

Rear view

Seems to be made from a lightweight cotton canvas like a flysheet fabric .

I want it as a pattern ...so it will soon be made in big boy size :D

Here is a picture of me on my first camp as an army cadet in 3 Ellesmere Port det 1979 with a good mix of the old smock and the replacement in DPM

As I said at the start what a classic design made by Blacks of Greenock in tent fabric and venile for all the big expeds of the 1960s and 1970s no outward bound scholl would be without this anorak .

This one will be fun :)

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
I bet that was big dollar then though mate .

I remember in the cadets in 79 the new the new DPM smock came on issue and the old OG Smocks were just no longer worn as seen as un-cool....how times change

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Ive been after a 60 pat og smock but cant find one in my size, used to wear the dpm version as my school coat back in the late 70's early 80's long since gone to smock heaven, plus ive grown a tad since then.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I always wanted one of the Ventile ones!
A truely classic design ... if they still did one at the advertised price I would deffo get one :)
But in 1963 my wife was earning about £6.50 a week (I was only 6 myself... yup I am her Toyboy....) her job now pays about £350.00 a week...
This makes a modern Ventile jacket about the same price or cheaper than the '63 model...

My first crampons looked just like the advertised ones and had riveted leather straps...

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
been on my wanted list for a while too, would prefer a desert/khaki one mind ;)

Silverman's have an original SAS desert smock dated from WW2. Very similar and lovely khaki garbadine. They used to knock them out at £50 but the last one is going for about £500:(

I should add that Silverman's website is very often out of date when it comes to stock and they never answer emails!!!!!!

The cadet ones are brill! I was lucky to get a large sized one unissued some years ago from the local surplus store. Never seen one there since. Should have bought several...ah, hindsight:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE