busy weekend

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
kept myself busy on my day off on Saturday

P5110013.jpg

a billy for each day :rolleyes:

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Pignut said:
LOL!

They look Quality!

How do they perform?

They are the dogs what's umm's, Russ made me a 10cm billie a while ago and i use it every time i'm out for a wander. In fact i have just rearranged my day kit,it used to be
Crusader mug
Ikea cutlery stand hobo stove
and Billie,tea etc.
So i've now done away with the Crusader and got one of those Flexy mugs instead. Now everything fits nicely onto one another i'e Tea, powdered milk,sugar and Flexy mug all go in the 10cm Billie,then the Billie fits snuggly into the Hobo stove,all nice and compact.

I was going to buy a 10cm Billie but after a few Nan breads and Whiskey :D Russ insisted not to part with my hard earned cash and that he would make me one instead. All in all its champion.

I have mentioned it a "few" times to him, that he should start his own production line in these things,and not forgetting the Crusader lids, but does he listen....

Top Bloke and top Billies!!

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
jon r said:
Nice work wart hog! I like the log stack too ;)

How much does one of those cost to make? I bet they are cheaper than a £15 Zebra can, Bargain!
Jon

Thats only about half off my woodpile many many spoons worth

lol ill give some measurements and costs the internal size is a bit smaller due to the holes where the handle wire goes through

small external 11.5cm x 9cm internal 8cm x 9cm £1.20
medium external 13.5cm x 10cm internal 9cm x 10cm £3.20
large external 16cm x 13.5cm internal12cm x 13.5cm £5.20

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've got a set of Russ's too and they are v.good kit indeed......how about using some of your woodpile though and making a handle to cover the wire? I've already mangled a pair of your gloves and one of mine as well :eek:
Actually that could be a new campfire-carving-must-have; a handle from wood that fits the billie wire the way the plastic ones fit carrier bags :D

cheers,
Mary

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Toddy ive got just the things you need to stop you getting burned :rolleyes:
I dont like wooden handles because people tend to put more wood on the fire when your not looking. But im sure i can convert any for anyone nice beech handles on the lid and the wire handle ???

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE