Bushcraft UK hat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
So to keep a long story short. Last month I left my favourite hat on the plane on my way to the amazon jungle. I was gutted, as I had owned it for years. It was a waxed canvas brown cap that looked weathered and faded. You can see it in the hiking photo below with the waterfall in the back ground. I was very attached to this hat and practically lived in it. If anyone has a favourite hat, then look after it! Don't make the silly mistake that I did and take it abroad with you as you will regret losing it and may not find another like it, especially if you purchased it abroad in the first place.
Anyway since I have returned, I have been on a quest to find a new hat. I purchased a plane chocolate brown waxed cap on Amazon and customised it with a bushcraft UK patch that has been sitting in a draw for many years. I have to say, I do like the way it has turned out. Although, with being new it doesn't have the same feel as my old cap and I am hoping that it will wear and fade overtime like my previous one.
I don't know if you would agree, but hats can be a very personal thing for people. Especially if you are outdoorsy and can't leave the house without one.
If you have a favourite hat, why don't you show off here and wear it with pride. 20231005_101314.jpg
6bae408f47b15ca3deb7dc87a0747471.jpg

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

rich d2

Tenderfoot
Jan 10, 2019
Nottingham
Here’s my favourite a trucker from a skiing bar that’s slightly worn, works great for keeping my hood forward, sun and light rain off me, and doesn’t make me look like an extra from platoon to wear generally

Reactions: monkey boy

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
Here’s my favourite a trucker from a skiing bar that’s slightly worn, works great for keeping my hood forward, sun and light rain off me, and doesn’t make me look like an extra from platoon to wear generally
It looks like a cracking hat mate

Reactions: rich d2

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
An excellent looking cap monkeyboy goodjob. Although I'm sorry you lost your old one the new one will soon feel just right and look the part too!
Thank you Tony, it's growing on me. It definitely needed the patch.

Reactions: Tony

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I mentioned in another thread that I was recently gifted a Scottish Regimental Tam, Lovat green I think is its colour. I may have to start watching that.

Reactions: monkey boy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE