Bushcraft Friendly Campsites & Farmers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
Im looking to produce a list of Bushcraft friendly campsite's and land-owners, to become a useful resource for the likes of us folk! Take a look at my page so far and you will get a jist of the format im going for: www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/bushcraft-friendly-campsites.htm

I would like to ask for your recommendations on Bushcraft friendly sites / landowners, please let me know about them, their site, or contact details, or make them aware of this webpage I've started. It will enable people like us to find new sites and land to enjoy and let the landowners see a bit more business.

Im looking for any sites that have any bushcraft'y aspect to them, ie. they let you have a fire, even if it isn't on the ground but in a half-cut keg etc. thats still ok, but something more flexible than your standard campsite. Post up your recommendations!

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Here you go, great camp site, fires are encouraged, but Tim (owner) does ask that you buy your firewood from him or bring it with you, as he doen't want his woods chopped down nor the dead wood removed as he is trying to encourage the wildlife, site has toilets & showers, it's mostly tent/basha camping but a few pitches have trees suitable for hammocking.

http://www.blackberrywood.com/

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
This is the a link to a couple that have a cottage for rent but up the back they have a great camp site that fits our needs. Each pitch has a fire circle, you can collect wood from their forest, they have badger hide, I tracked dear, composting toilet.
www.woodlandcottages.co.uk
jon

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Hi Nightwalker

I don't know if you have used this site before - ukcampsites.co.uk

Part of their web site is dedicated to campsites that allow fires. Which ones are more bushcraft friendly than others I do not know but it is the site I use when planning trips where a fire is preffered.

Good luck with the list and look forward to using it.

Cheers

George

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
Thanks Seoras, I'll check that site out!

Labrador I've found the contact details for that 'Shining Cliff Woods' thanks to one of your earlier posts, but what's the deal with that place? I dont know about it and my googlin is bringing up irrelevant material, is there a campsite, is it just a landowner, organisation?? Thanks in advance.

Also, the webpage im building has a check-list that im using to allow people to quickly analyse the different sites, what do you think of the checklist? Is it enough? Or are there other reasonable attributes you think should be on the check-list? See example below check-list below or click here to visit the page.

Question Checklist:
Fees
Wild-Camping
Fires
Woodland
Woodcraft
Hunting/Fishing
Rivers/Streams/Ponds
Shower/Toilet Facilities

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Thanks Seoras, I'll check that site out!

Labrador I've found the contact details for that 'Shining Cliff Woods' thanks to one of your earlier posts, but what's the deal with that place? I dont know about it and my googlin is bringing up irrelevant material, is there a campsite, is it just a landowner, organisation?? Thanks in advance.

Also, the webpage im building has a check-list that im using to allow people to quickly analyse the different sites, what do you think of the checklist? Is it enough? Or are there other reasonable attributes you think should be on the check-list? See example below check-list below or click here to visit the page.

Question Checklist:
Fees
Wild-Camping
Fires
Woodland
Woodcraft
Hunting/Fishing
Rivers/Streams/Ponds
Shower/Toilet Facilities

How about 'open all year?' - Yes or No and if no the months it is open EG - April - October

There's a fair few which allow fires on here http://www.campfiresburning.org/sites.php great website

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Priory Mill Farm, Brecon, Wales
Just spent the weekend there with a couple of others, fantastic little site, farmer doesn't want it to become too big, woods other side of river which runs through the site. Farmer lends out metal fire pits to anyone who wants a fire..

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
There's a place by the Forest of Dean/Welsh Borders that lets you wild camp. It's also a bushcraft school. It's called Yellowwood bushcraft. You can dip into the courses they offer for a few quid as well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE