Bushcraft and folder: it's possible? How much long blade?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

paolo

Life Member
Dec 30, 2009
Veneto, Northeastern Italy
Well JonathanD,
I'm very happy you like it :eek:.
This was the "Byrd hole opening" one.
I'ts just an idea, hope someone at Spyderco won't be upset :p

bcuknifehole.jpg

kjbarrass

Mar 1, 2009
UK
Ive used a Cold steel Mini American Lawman to batton logs and use spine on a fire steel, I did a thread and pics on BritishBlades a while ago. Ive used it like this several times now and had no problems with the lock at all still solid and feels safe tested also using spine whacks. The modified back lock "triad-lock" seems to work very well and isnt too hard to strip down at home to clean it up.
Cheers
Kev

Well JonathanD,
I'm very happy you like it :eek:.
This was the "Byrd hole opening" one.
I'ts just an idea, hope someone at Spyderco won't be upset :p

bcuknifehole.jpg

mm how about a hole shaped like the BCUK Leaf its nearly there any way then you could etch the circle tail on as well

yes i know ask Tony ;)

im toying with the idea of lazering out some folder blades in 3mm 420 stainless I know at 50RC they are to soft for bushcraft tho :rolleyes:
but currently im thinking of a bottle opener tang to fit in a Svord pesant handle now thats Bushcraftin :lmao::lmao:

ATB

Duncan

Apr 14, 2009
lancaster
Whats the Mechanism like on the Enzo Folder?? Have you had a play with one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edNGeqgJUNQ

I got the Enzo Birk 75 in D2 a week or so ago, its got a really good lock up and no blade play at all, I have to say I am loving D2. But it has exposed liners which do kinda destroy your hands. I ordered some african blackwood and made some scales. I think its a dream of a folder now, looks awesome too. Hopefully these pictures will work, see what you think.

Nick

16082010745r.jpg

16082010748.jpg

16082010749.jpg

Apr 14, 2009
lancaster
Yeah its a nice little folder. Good, strong build and some good steel. I would recomend getting the versions without the exposed liners though, or just getting some nice wood an making some scales, otherwise you may need to carry some gloves about haha. Pretty easy to make scales though, just gotta take you time cutting them. I drilled the wood and attached it to the knife so that I could use the liners as the template rather than just drawing round them. Let me know how it goes if you decide to make some.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE